Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great Twitter tips and tools

Check out the tools I love on Twitter

  1. http://search.twitter.com/search: This allows you to search what people are talking about. For example if someone says "my dog" or has dog in their comment and sounds like the like or love dogs I add them as a follow. Then I hope they'll follow me and see my advertising.
  2. I also use this http://twitter.com/invitations/find_on_twitter to find people with "dog" in their name or profile. I add them and hope they add me. I currently have 600+ follows.
  3. If you have multiple accounts on twitter you can use http://hootsuite.com/
    Someone recommended this site the other day. I guess you don't have to log in and out of your accounts. That will come in handy when I start my next website.
  4. Check this out.... this site lists all the cool twitter tools. I'll have to browse every now and then for stuff that isn't helpful today... might be helpful tomorrow.
  5. I love the Karma tool. It even shows the last time the person tweeted so I drop them if it's past 100 days. I'm seriously considering 60 days. There are so many different accounts I log into that if I haven't updated one for even 30+ days for me it's not a very important account and I may never touch it again. In addition I've gone through the people I follow and if they haven't started following me within maybe a week or so I'll stop following them. I try to keep # of people I'm following and people following me pretty even so it's not so obvious that nobody wants to be my friend. LOL
  6. The one I've been using the most lately is Tweet Later. You can schedule tweets. So I think of things (personal) that I might be thinking later. And I'll post products. Then I'll schedule them for 2-3-4 hours from now. I have 10 tweets set up for after I go to bed.... if I ever get off the computer. You can also shorten your URL that you include with your tweet when you create your message.
  7. My new favorite tool is Twellow.com. You can enter interests of people to find them and follow them right from that page. With Search.twitter.com you have to click on the person, be taken to Twitter then follow them, but you can follow very quickly and easily from this site. This might allow me to get to 1,000 followers by the end of the month. I'm running out of time.

    Another thing I love about this is that I can indicate preferences to follow people automatically if they follow me, I can set a preference to unfollow people that unfollow me (love that).

    And you can set up automation to send a message to people when they start following you. If twitter already has that as a main function I haven't found it.

    ANOTHER THING: If someone says my dog, dogdishstore, or dog dish store, or dog dishes, I will get an email with those people listed every 12 hours.


I'm building my list to have many people per day that I have in my advertising audience.

I try to post at least 5 product links a day. It doesn't have to be something I JUST added. Just usually something I haven't posted on Twitter yet. That will get me about 25 views on that product in about 5 minutes. Pretty quick advertising!

I also talk about my personal life on there so it doesn't seem like I'm just posting to get people to look at my site. It's a nice place to talk about what I want to talk about without wondering if people I know will here. I can remain anonymous kind of. Sure if someone investigated me they'd find I made comments about so-and-so, but I haven't done anything that will be investigated so I should be good. :-)

Just some helpful hints I've come across in the few weeks I've been on Twitter. I'd love for everyone else to share any techniques they use on there to help their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment