Sunday, November 30, 2008

I haven't been very productive this week... not as productive as I'd like anyway.

My family and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. We went to my in-laws' home and it was a lot of fun: good food and lots of memories were shared. Now the Christmas season hustle and bustle begin.

LINKS
As for the business, I have discovered that linking to others' websites increase the visibility of your own. So I'm trying to find like-sites that don't compete with me, and having them link to me while I link to me. The bigger and better the site the better for me is how I see it. I have a couple of sites to the lower left that I have started with. I'll have to search for additional sites. Once I get a number of them I'll just add a Link category so people can click on that and see a number of other great sites that I like.

Buy It Sell It
I've had an account with Buy It Sell It for sometime now. I've had active products on there, but haven't sold anything so I haven't really paid much attention to the site.

LIKES:
  1. Set up a free store.
  2. The store is nice an professional looking.
  3. Easy to set up listings.
  4. You can use unlimited time frames for listings.
  5. Can set up Google keywords for your listings so I think the products are more likely to show up on Google.
  6. There is a bulk upload. This is done via tab delimited files you set up. At this point I haven't been able to get this to work for me, but others have and there is a community I'm working with to get my data corrected.
  7. Everything is buy it now so you don't have to wait for an auction to end.
  8. You can promote your other site(s) in your listing or in your storefront.
  9. Products are fed to Google Base where people can see all of your auctions/listings on different auction sites.
  10. You can use your own domain name with it, or just use your name in the following format: dnaetc.mybisi.com

DISLIKES
  1. Not much traffic to the site so you may want to work to drive traffic to your buy it sell it store. I see there are a lot of listings on there so hopefully it's getting bigger.
  2. You'll need to market your store. It's just like having a stand alone store so most people won't find you until you market the right way. I haven't spent anytime doing that yet so I do have no sales but I see on the discussion boards that people do have consistent sales using the buy it sell it site/tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment