Monday, February 9, 2009

So I've decided to take the plunge and purchase the E-Book for the SEO class I'm taking. People report better results with it, and I figure the book is probably more organized than my notes.

I've been continuing to post new products in my Dog Dish Store. I have to admit that I'm getting a bit discouraged. On my to-do list currently is to get people to add my site to their site, and the response for this is VERY low. Kind of frustrating really. But it's one of those not so fun tasks of setting up this successful site. It's a job I don't want to do but really HAS to be done to get my name out there in Google. The more links the more likely Google is to crawl my site and the more likely I will move up in their rankings.

I think one reason why I've been discouraged is that the SEO class is coming to an end and while I feel like I've learned a lot I'm not at the top yet. And maybe unrealistic, but I think I expected to have more hits by now. It's only about 20 hits per day. That's nothing. I would love at LEAST 100. And for more to be coming from Google. I only get about 9 per day from google. The others come from buyitsellit community boards or Selling Lounge. All great people, but I guess I'd rather people get there without me putting the website right in their face.

I should also point out that I have found another fabulous online community full of sellers helping sellers called Selling Lounge. I only wish there were more posts on there, but once people start coming from buyitsellit.com and plumdrop.com hopefully it will pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment