Sunday, February 22, 2009

Need to Focus

So I've decided that prior to getting in front of the computer to work on my business I have to have a concrete plan in mind otherwise I don't think I'm accomplishing as much as I could otherwise. I feel like I spend half of the time needlessly trying to figure out what I want to do when I could already have that thought up and save so much time.

I have a few things on my immediate to-do list.
1. Create Unique descriptions for all of my items in my store. The ones I'm using right now are from my supplier and Google is strongly apposed to
duplicate content. I need to tweak those.
2. Link Exchanging: I need to get more places to link to me to get my visibility increased on Google.
3. I need to add items to my store.

There are many other things on my list of things-to-do:
  • market via posting to dog forums
  • getting a 1-800 number
  • getting signs from vistaprint for my car and maybe some other merchandise from them (I'll have to browse when I order the car sign)
  • making cosmetic changes to my site
  • go back to Cricket's Marketing and SEO class to review for things I've forgotten about or overlooked the first time.

I started a Twitter account today. It feels kind of like Facebook in terms of making small updates rather than a large blog like on here. Seems fun so far. We'll see if I get any hits from it.
Everyone seems to be opening an account with them so I thought I'd better jump on that band wagon to see if I can gain some hits from that venue. I'll keep everyone posted.

I think I'll work on those unique descriptions tonight. It's been a long weekend so I should really turn in early. I'm starting early so I'm hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know I'm stopping by from Twitter. Thanks for following! Good luck with your business. I don't have a dog, or a cat for that matter. Just a husband and a baby...sort of like caring for two pets. :) Stop by my blog if ya get bored!

    http://laughingthroughthechaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete