Friday, November 21, 2008

Success

So I finally figured out what I needed to do to get Google Adsense added to my site. I had been accepted by them but for the longest time all I was showing was Public Service ads. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

After a couple weeks of focusing on other aspects of my business I decided to research why I couldn't get the code to bring up real ads. Then I ran across a blog on the internet (after a google search) and from that I was able to figure out what a Channels are on Google Adsense. From my understanding, I need to set one up for each of the sites I am using the code on. That is my way of tracking the activity on my site with Adwords. For example, the code for this site is attached to the words I choose for my Channel. When I want to check to see how the code affiliated with my site is I will check using my Channel of DNAEtc.blogspot. Could be anything else just as long as I know that code is associated with this site. It's like using a label for the code. Funny that I had to search Google for someone else to explain it to me. At any rate I've figured it out so I'm happy.

At the same time I was able to add the code to my other business DNAEtc.com so I killed two birds with one stone last night. I'm less discouraged today than the last time I posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment