Sunday, November 16, 2008

Clickthru

I've been spending so much time addicted to trying to get this business up and running that I'm feeling a little guilty that I'm not showing 100% attention to the kids. I mean they are 3 and 4 and can entertain themselves but when I'm here all day on the weekends I should really be devoting all time to them. I feel like I've been checking my visitor number and doing research a little too much. I don't want my kids to grow up and have only memories of mommy on the computer. I sometimes make it ok in my mind by saying if I can pull this off, the kids will benefit in the future. Then in the back of my mind I think what if I DON'T make this work? Then all the time with my attentions away from them have been in vein. It's such a struggle.

Well, in the research I've done this weekend I came across a site called clickthru. I want to add their add to my blog, but right now I'm having problems with the html getting the button to work. I have an email into them for advice. In the mean time I'll still do a write up on them because I like their concept and think it will help me once I can get a button in here.

Clickthru is a traffic exchange site where you can earn money that turns into visitors to your website.

Quick overview:
  • You register your website with them and they will put it in their database with other user's websites.
  • You browse that database and earn money for viewing and raiting sites.
  • Those sites in turn are shown your site and your hope is that someone looking at your site will want to be a customer of yours.
  • The cash you recieve for viewing adds can be used to buy yourself a higher presence on the site.
  • You are given visits to your site just for joining then to get more viewers of your site you can add the clickthru button to your website with html language they give you. Advertising on your website in general is a great way to earn money through your website so I don't mind that I need to do that task to gain visitors.
  • Even if I don't pay for traffic with this site, I think I will benefit even by people clicking from my website. And I don't expect any out of pocket expenses with this website. I plan to pay for any advertising with them to come thru my clickthru earnings.

Ways to earn cash on Clickthru:

  • Visiting websites and rating them thru Clickthru
  • Complete tasks like signing up for websites. They don't even have to be sites that charge you to sign up. I see that most are free and many pay out $.50 for signing up through clickthru.
  • When sign up with clickthru as a referral of you. Use the referral link in your website like I am or send the link in an email. Although they do have a policy against spamming so you'll want to make sure you observe those rules.
Review:
  • I've had a few visitors from it in just a day or so. I have to view more sites on their website and have people click on their link in order for me to get more visitors, but so far I really like the site and the concept. I think it will work for my needs. I love the no-cost of it. As I've mentioned in the past I don't want to pay out anymore money for this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment